- Only Club Members (i.e. members who have paid their subscriptions) may enter competitions.
- All competitions are open subject, unless otherwise noted in the Programme.
- Entries for both Print Competitions and DPI Competitions must be submitted to the appropriate Leader by the date given on the Programme. Late entries will not be accepted.
- An outside Judge will judge competitions unless otherwise stated in the Programme.
- All entries, whether Print or DPI, must be numbered in order of preference, as one or more submitted entries may be taken out if there are too many entries on the night.
- Entries already submitted for one round may be submitted in later rounds once only, provided that the image has not scored a 20, in which case it cannot be resubmitted for further general competitions.
- Entries submitted for Print Competitions may subsequently be submitted for Projected Image Competitions, and vice versa unless that image has scored 20 in either competition.
- Entries selected for the Print or Projected Image of the Year Competition cannot be resubmitted in any following competitions. In addition, all entries for end of Year competitions must have been entered in a competition that same year.
- Entries for prints or DPIs can be recent or older images. There is no time limit.
- All images, or elements within that image, must be the original work of the author, unless otherwise stated in the competition.
Copyright remains with the author. However, by entering a competition, the author grants Uckfield Camera Club permission for an image to be used for promotional purposes i.e. placed on website or social media.
Entries sent without the correct information on the back of Prints, or without the correct information sent with DPI images, will not be accepted for entry.
WHILST THE COMMITTEE WILL TAKE EVERY REASONABLE PRECAUTION, IT WILL NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PICTURES OR ELECTRONIC FILES WHILE IN ITS’ CARE.
- A maximum of 5 prints may be entered for Print Competitions. However an overall maximum of 65 prints will be entered, at the discretion of the print Leader. Therefore, order of preference is essential on the label in order to ensure the author’s priority of submission is taken into account.
- All images must be mounted and can be trade or homemade mounts. The maximum entry size, including mount, must not exceed 40 cms x 50 cms.
- All entries must have a label attached to the top, left hand side of the image, with the following information:
- Print Round Number (e.g. Print Round 1)
- Order of Preference
- Title of Print
- Author’s Name
- Entries may be colour or monochrome, unless stated otherwise in the programme.
- A DPI version of the image should be sent to the DPI Leader at the time the mounted image is submitted
DIGITAL PROJECTED IMAGE COMPETITIONS
- A maximum of 5 JPEG files per author may be submitted for the Projected Image Competitions, and may be submitted on CD, memory stick or via email (as attachments) . However, an overall maximum of approximately 80 images will be entered for each competition, at the discretion of the DPI Leader.
- All entries must be saved in the format that our competition software (DiCentra) requires which is as follows:
- Preference Number image title by author
- Example: 1 Down The Road By A N Other (BY is important for the software to separate the Title from the Author)
- Images submitted for DPI competitions should be in JPEG format, sRGB colour space, with a MAXIMUM dimension of 1400 x 1050 pixels (ie. 1400 pixels for the width x 1050 pixels for the height).
- Example: The horizontal axis cannot exceed 1400 pixels and the vertical axis cannot exceed 1050 pixels. Therefore a square image would have maximum dimensions of 1050 pixels by 1050 pixels. A portrait format image would have a maximum vertical size of 1050 pixels, making the horizontal size smaller than 1400 pixels. A landscape format image would be 1400 pixels horizontally and no more than 1050 pixels vertically.